Business line 24th May 2017




BUSINESS LINE


[I]  Promoters’ ‘share pledges’ down only a bit despite market rally


[I]  Right time to buy a house as prices dip in real terms


[I]  Hardselling software service with ‘moneyback’ offer


[I]  IT workers set to get their first union


[I]  AfDB meet: Modi showcases development model to Africa


[I]  Hospitality industry seeks single GST rate of 18%


[I]  Tax incentives on tea auction sales may go


[I]  Ministry to hold talks on trimming skill councils


[I]  Tax incidence on entertainment services will be lower: FinMin


[I]  Shipping stocks in rough seas as freight rates continue to fall





ECONOMIC TIMES


[I]  Crude oil in danger of falling to $40 if Opec fails to extend output cuts


[I]  India gold demand to remain at 650-750 tonnes in 2017


[I]  Rupee closes at 7-week low on tensions along LoC


[I]  India Inc seals 252 M&A deals worth 15.8 bn in Jan-Mar: EY


[I]  Fisheries sector expected to touch Rs 1.5 lakh crore by 2020: Assocham


[I]  Government unveils 3-year roadmap for 'evergreen revolution'


[I]  India and EU should firm up FTA to offset concerns over OBOR


[I]  Q4 GVA growth in India to drop to 6.6%: Dun & Bradstreet


[I]  3 years into Modi government, unemployment rate slightly up


[I]  Bill to address bankruptcy in financial sector in next Parliament session: Finance Ministry


[I]  Government notifies regulations for voluntary liquidation


[I]  GST will lower tax burden on medical devices, smartphones: Finance Ministry


[I]  New tax reform to draw Indian businesses into digital economy





BUSINESS STANDARD


[I]  Carmakers hit as RTO red flags cabs without speed governor


[I]  Dealers to halve stocks as GST roll-out nears


[I]  Indian M&A deals up 23% to $16 bn in Jan-March even as volumes remain flat


[I]  India faces headwinds from China's cement success


[I]  Govt reinforcing cyber security to deal with emerging threats


[I]  GST unveiled: Warehousing industry to see reorganisation


[I]  Andhra bars firms with debt problem from bidding for capital project


[I]  Africa a top priority for me since I became PM: Narendra Modi at AfDB meet


[I]  India's petroleum self-sufficiency at its lowest since 2011


[I]  India aims to touch double-digit exports in 2-3 years: Steel minister


[I]  Job losses in IT sector are exaggerated: Prasad


[I]  Rating agencies to assess viability, recommend haircuts in NPA cases


[I]  War on black money is only half-won


[I]  Pricing pressure the new worry for Indian pharma





MARKETS (8:10 am)


[I]  SGX NIFTY Fut: 9412;  USDINR DGCX: 64.9025;  DJIA Mini Fut: 20903;  FTSE 100 Fut: 7476;  NIKKEI 225 Fut: 19697;  EUR-USD: 1.1188; Crude Oil (WTI): 51.64;  Gold (Spot): 1252

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Line 25th May 2017

Business Line News 26th May 2017